Thanks to the success of Djazair Excellence in 2016, Vmedia Communication and DJAZAGRO have renewed their partnership to organize the second edition of the competition, under the name of "Trophée d'Excellence El DJazaïr- TEEDJ". This competition for food artisans and young talents took place Hall 3 at DJAZAGRO, from 10 to 13 April 2017, under the patronage of the Minister of Vocational Training and Education.
The competition’s objectives are as follows:
- Promote the know-how of and passion for all food artisan and hospitality activities though the creation of a space for meeting, exchanging ideas and know-how, competitions and themed debates between professionals in order to trigger imagination and new thinking;
- Discover new young talent to represent Algeria in various international events and prepare them for top-level competitions;
- Highlight Algerian gastronomy by taking part in international competitions;
- Offer new vocations to young people and allow them to show off their skills to the sector’s economic stakeholders;
- Shine a spotlight on training and educational institutions;
- Raise awareness among professionals of the importance of training in food artisan professions.
During the four days of DJAZAGRO exhibition, you had the opportunity to attend the finales of different competitions :
ALGERIAN SCHOOLS’ CUP (COUPE D’ALGÉRIE DES ÉCOLES)
This competition is open to all schools and colleges approved by the Algerian ministry of training and vocational education.
The category Young Talents will be in the form of a “cup” completion for schools. This first edition will see 8 schools, colleges or institutes competing in the final, following a series of regional heats and a semi-final taking place in February with 24 participating institutes.
The winning school in 2017 is INSFP Tlemcen.
CHEFS’ AWARD (TROPHEE DES CHEFS)
The Professional contest is open to all Algerians working in Algeria or abroad. There are two categories:
- Kitchen Chef: this category is open to professionals from the hotel and restaurant sector: cookery teachers, chefs, food artisans and restaurant owners, etc.
The winner in 2017 is Hafidh LOUNAS.
- Pastry Chef: this category is for professionals from the bakery, pastry and cake sector, hotels and restaurants, pastry teachers, pastry chefs, party and cake artisans, etc.
The winner in 2017 is Billel OUANES.
In order to judge the selections, as well as the finales, the judging panel will be international, comprising:
- Algerian chefs with a strong international background,
- The vice president of the Académie Culinaire de France,
- Chefs with Michelin star distinctions,
- MOF (Meilleurs ouvriers de France),
To raise standards in the competition, the entrants will be prepared for the contests by trainers and coaches.
In addition to receiving a trophy, the winners of the first edition will also receive training from our partners abroad.
The winners will be shortlisted for representing their countries in international competitions.